Need a little convincing?
The advantages of hiring an interior designer include having a qualified professional who can avoid costly mistakes and create a space to meet your needs. An interior designer is proficient in space planning and utilization, design for special needs, conservation and green design, as well as safety and accessibility. They are well versed in national, state and local building codes, and will guide clients through the necessary steps to make their space comfortable, functional and aesthetically appealing.
Interior designers will think of important aspects like acoustics and sound transmission, and can help with your selection of appliances, plumbing fixtures and floor materials. They can easily establish a budget for a well-designed space before undertaking the project, helping you decide what is important for your space.
Blog Bonus: Want a few small ways to freshen up your space on your own? Here are a few tips from our designers…
- A fresh paint color is the least expensive way to make an impact.
- Add a splash of color by introducing fun throw pillows to the room.
- Good lighting can transform any space.
- Paint a tired piece of furniture to give it a new burst of personality.
- Using mirrors in the appropriate way can make a space appear larger.
- Baskets are a quirky and functional way to store things in plain sight.
- Use clear chairs or a glass table top to visually expand the space and make it feel bigger.